It usually occurs after meals, when lying down, or at night while sleeping.
The main symptoms of acidity
- Chest pain
- Problem swallowing
- Sore throat and hoarseness.
- مضادات الحموضة (provide quick relief by neutralizing stomach acids) for example: nodacil gel®, GAVISCON®, and Maalox®.
- Proton pump inhibitors (PPI) (stronger acid blockers that also help heal damaged esophagus tissue) for example: Losec®, Lanzor®, Gasec®, Nexium®, Pantonex®, Pariet® and Dexilant®.
- Acid reflux is a medical condition in which acid from the stomach moves into the esophagus.
- GERD is a chronic, more serious form of acid reflux. GERD can result in inflammation in the esophagus or even long-term damage that can lead to cancer.
Antacid Use in mild symptoms for temporary instant relief ( After heavy meals )
For recurrent heart burn several time a day , Use PPI drug , your pharmacist will help you to take the proper treatment for your case .